Servings: 4 Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 70 mins
Roast Pumpkin Cheese
150 g pumpkin diced
200 g cashews soaked and drained
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
20 g nutritional yeast
2 tbsp hemp oil
1 tsp mustard
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 Kent pumpkin seeded
1 tbsp coconut oil
12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
4 cups organic baby salad leaves
1 pomegranate seeded
2 tbsp picked curly parsley
2 tbsp hemp seeds
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp hemp oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius and roast the diced pumpkin for 20 minutes until caramelised. Leave the oven on.
2. Blend all ingredients for the cheeze dip in a high-speed blender until smooth. Refrigerate while you prep the other items.
3. Lay the half pumpkin flat, skin side down in a small saucepan and fill up the water so that it’s just below the top of the pumpkin. Boil to for 20 minutes with the lid on until tender.
4. Remove from the saucepan and drain any excess liquid. Score flesh with a knife and place onto a roasting pan skin side down.
5. Turn up the oven to 230 degrees Celsius. Rub coconut oil onto the pumpkin flesh and roast for 30 minutes until golden.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the salad dressing. Place all dressing ingredients into a small glass jar and shake well to combine.
7. Peel the cucumber and then use the peeler to peel it into ribbons. Leave the core and use it for your smoothies later.
8. Toss all salad components into a large salad bowl and toss gently. Refrigerate while you wait for the pumpkin to roast.
9. Once the pumpkin is done, leave it to cool so that it’s not too hot to touch. Serve alongside the salad and scoop the roasted pumpkin cheeze dip into the well where the pumpkins seeds once were. Enjoy!